Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mookie fact of the day meets true story Tuesday

It was rude of me to make y'all wait until Tuesday for the knowledge you've been thirsting...
However, as you will soon discover, it was well worth it.
Today Mookie brings you the delayed Monday mookie fact of the day, straight from the mouth of an LA bus driver- a true story Tuesday tale.

720 bus line, Westwood, 11:37 pm, 42 degrees

When politely asked to: "turn on the heat", the bus driver simply shook his head. 
I thought for a moment, why not? Every window on this thing is broken and it's unusually chilly in Los Angeles. In fact, I was freezing. 
She looked at me and asked for my beanie (since I couldn't figure out if the driver was male or female, I'm going to alternate between he and she throughout the story): 
"Can I have your hat?"
"What?", I replied.
"I'm really cold", he said, pulling my hand towards his, 
"Here, feel how cold my hands are - they've been on the cold steering wheel all day."
Uhm... What the fuck do you say to that?
The motor hummed through the awkward silence.
"Uhm, so turn on the heating system."
She looked away, with a straight and stern face, suitable only for an experienced driver, and paused. Waiting to pull to a stop at the cross light before looking back at me to answer:

No, Tuberculosis lives in the heat.

1 comment:

La Societe said...

I guess she would know. Thanks for letting us all get the 411 on that situation.